Terms. & Conditions
- Whilst at The Messy Club, parents/guardians or those in charge of the child/children are solely responsible for the control, care and safety of their child/children at all times. The Messy Club cannot accept any such responsibility.
- The Messy Club under no circumstance takes any responsibility for loss or damages to personal possessions during a messy play session.
- Parents/guardians and or those in charge of the child/children are under no circumstances allowed to leave the building without taking the child/children within their care with them.
- The Messy Club reserves the right to require anyone, child or adult, to leave if their behaviour is likely to threaten the safety or enjoyment of others. Attending adults are responsible for the safety of their child/children during each session. This includes the use of all materials and equipment and to ensure that you and your child/children behave in a way to not cause injury or abuse to other children or adults.
- The Messy Club recommends that children wear clothing appropriate for messy play as we will not be liable for any stains or marks on children’s clothes.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian or carer to ensure the child/children do not interact with any material/food substance that may cause an allergic reaction to their child/children. (The packaging of food products are available on request if the parents are unsure of the ingredients).
- The Messy Club make every effort to supply items that are either edible, non-toxic/ hypoallergenic. However we advise that all materials provided including foodstuffs are not to be consumed by the babies/toddlers as some products (despite being edible) may present a chocking hazard. The Messy Club do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any accident, allergic reaction or illness found to be directly attribute from any product or item provided. It remains the responsibility of the parent/guardian in attendance for supervising the children they are accompanying.
- The Messy Club do not keep any finished or part finished work from session activities. All materials or work remaining will be discarded. Please make sure you take your child’s work away with you.
COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- Please do not attend the session with your child if you or they are feeling ill and risk infecting other parents/children. The Messy Club reserves the right to request a parent and child to leave the session if it is felt they are an infection risk to others. As an example, where you or your child has suffered from any flu like symptoms, sickness or diarrhoea. It is advised to avoid group activities for 14 days or more.
- The safety of parents and children is of the utmost importance to us at The Messy Club and we are committed to following all procedures necessary to ensure the health and safety of everyone taking part in our workshops. Under no circumstance will The Messy Club take responsibility should a parent/child be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- It is the responsibility of all parents to inform The Messy Club should you show any symptoms related to COVID-19, so that we may carry out the necessary steps to inform other parents and start contact tracing.
Refunds & Cancellations
- The Messy Club are unable to provide refunds for non-attendance.
- A full payment for the full duration of The Messy Club workshop is required up front and before the commencement of the workshop. Please note that we do not offer refunds for missed/cancelled workshop sessions and a missed workshop session cannot be made up at a later date due to a continual session plan and schedule.
- If you can no longer attend your remaining workshop sessions and would like to transfer your remaining sessions to a friend or family member instead of cancelling, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] with your name and surname as well as the name and surname and contact details of the party you will be transferring your remaining sessions to.
- Should any sessions be cancelled by The Messy Club due to low registration, instructor illness, or unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified prior to the session and the session will be rescheduled for the following week. In the event that a class is rescheduled, you will be notified in advance.
- COVID-19 Concerns & Restrictions:
- Should we enter another lockdown or not be permitted to continue with our workshops due to Government regulations and restrictions, The Messy Club will then postpone all further classes to a later date or until such time that classes can resume as normal. Please note that no refunds will be offered for classes cancelled due to a lockdown or change in Government restrictions.
- Please note that no refunds will issued for workshops cancelled due to personal concerns regarding COVID-19. Cancelled workshops can only be postponed or rescheduled to a later date. If at any point it is no longer safe to continue with workshop sessions, The Messy Club will postpone all future workshops until such time that it is safe to continue.
- Party Booking Refunds & Cancellations
- The Messy Club are unable to provide refunds for cancelled parties.
- Please note that a 50% deposit is required in order to secure your party booking and the balance is due one week before your party date.
- The Messy Club will reserve your party date for up to 48 hrs once you have been sent the payment link to complete an online payment of the 50% deposit. Thereafter The Messy Club cannot reserve your booking and will not be held responsible should another party be booked on the same date.
- Should you cancel your party, the party can be postponed/rescheduled to the next available date.
- Should The Messy Club not be able to host your party due to facilitator illness, or any unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified prior to the party and a refund will then be issued. Alternatively the party can be postponed/rescheduled to the next available date.